When many people think about vacation in Latin America, they think about relaxing on any of the countless beautiful beaches.
While seeking relaxation is undoubtedly a reason to take a trip, many travelers are now also seeking trips that also feature adventures, rich culture, delicious cuisine and fitness – and I am one of those people. Don’t get me wrong, a couple days kicking back is nice, but give me some adventure or teach me something new. . or better yet give me both of those while getting me moving! Escape to Shape is a company that combines luxury, fitness, cuisine and connections to discerning travelers around the world. Each location, activity and menu is hand selected and curated by owners Erica Gragg and Francesco Anchisi to ensure guests experience the most authentic cultural trip each region has to offer and they offer multiple trips to South America.
Escape to Shape has partnered with fitness obsession Physique 57 to create one of a kind vacations that rejuvinate the body and the mind. Their first trip to Cartegena sold out in just four days. The next South American trip is Quito + Mashpi, Ecuador from June 13-20 and it’s sure to sell out as well.
The “Physique 57 Escape” looks like an absolutely INCREDIBLE time! Participants will enjoy:
- Three-night accommodations at the sophisticated & elegant Casa Gangotena Hotel, an award-winning colonial style hotel located in the heart of the UNESCO world heritage site of Old Town Quito, at Plaza San Francisco. June 13 & June 18-20.
- Four nights at the luxurious and strikingly contemporary Mashpi Lodge, a true nature lover’s modern paradise in the heart of the Ecuadorian Cloud Forest featuring dramatic views of the forest, with floor-to-ceiling glass windows in each of the rooms. All rooms are beautifully appointed, with en-suite bathrooms, air conditioning and modern amenities. June 14- 18.
- Three delicious and healthy meals & snacks reflective of the region & the season provided daily. Unique dining experiences in some of Quito’s best restaurants to explore the flavors of the region.
- Two daily Physique 57 classes taught by New York senior instructor and Master Trainer Kim D’Agnese. Classes will include Physique 57’s signature barre inspired workout as well as one of Physique 57’s many offerings such as Pilates inspired Mat 57 and Physique Stretch. Please note, classes will be taught in a variety of motivating Ecuadorian venues, not in traditional studio settings.
- Private guided tours to explore historical Quito, including Basilica del Voto Nacional, Plaza de la Independencia, The Presidential Palace, La Compania de Jesus, Plaza San Francisco, Temple of the Sun, La Ronda and Mercado Artesanal La Mariscal.
- Private guided hikes and experiences throughout the cloud forest with an expert Naturalist Guide to discover the flora, fauna and varied species that call this unique eco-system home.
- Private visit to Tulipe Archaeological Site.
- Round trip ground transportation from the Mariscal Sucre International Airport (Quito).
Beautiful sites, tasty authentic food AND pushing your body to the max? This is MY kind of trip – AND it’s going to one of the countries on my wanderlust bucket. My favorite vacation of the last year included some serious nature time in Jamaica so experiencing actual jungle tranquility is something that truly calls my name. The reservation page is under construction, but reservations can still be made here.
How do you stay active on vacation?
Disclaimer: I will be receiving a complimentary Physique 57 class. Check back for the review soon!